The Late Ali Bin Abdulla Bin Khalid Al-Khalifa Research Fund is an agency for supporting medical research in the Kingdom of Bahrain. The aim is to lead the way towards health research that improves people's health and quality of life.
The main research field should concentrate on prevention, diagnosis and treatment of common diseases in Bahrain such as coronary heart diseases, diabetes, hereditary blood diseases, and cancer.
For over thirty years, Dr. Ali Bin Abdulla had played an important role in advancing the conduct of research and its dissemination by being on the Board of BMB.
Criteria for Accepting Research Proposals
- Conducted by health professionals in Bahrain.
- Addresses common diseases or health care priorities in Bahrain.
- Research aims for increasing our understanding of common diseases, the etiology, diagnostic or therapeutic investigations.
- Applicant should submit a structured research proposal according to the attached format.
- The research proposal should be scientifically sound and ethically acceptable.
- The research should have been approved by the Scientific and Ethical Research Committee at the Investigator's institution.
- The research proposals will be peer-reviewed to identify the high quality research projects for funding 1-4 research proposals yearly.
- The maximum amount of funding for any single research will not be more than BD 2000, better $4000.
Research Proposal Format
Title of the project: (The title should be comprehensive, covering the main study objective(s) and study area)
Background: (Literature review of previous studies on the subject; and justification of the study by stating the problem and its public health importance)
- Statement of the problem
- Significance of the problem
- Objectives of the study:
- General objective: (the purpose of the study and goal that you need to achieve)
- Specific objectives: (details of the general objective)
Materials and methods: (The research methods that could best achieve the study objectives)
- Study area/setting: (describe the area or setting where the study will be conducted)
- Study subjects: (inclusion and exclusion criteria of the study subjects)
- Study design: (mention the type of study design e.g. cross-sectional, case-control, intervention study, etc.)
- Sample size: (mention the input criteria for sample size estimation. This might need the expertise of an epidemiologist)
- Sampling technique: (mention the sampling technique that will be used in order to obtain a representative sample for your target population. This might need the expertise of an epidemiologist)
- Timeframe of the study
Data Collection methods, instruments used, measurements: (Describe the instruments to be used for data collection (questionnaire, observation recording form, etc.)
Data management and analysis plan: (Describe the overall plan and tests used for data analysis and the statistical package used)
Implications of study results to population health and health system policy in Bahrain: (Expected results and potential contribution of the project to the decision making related to health care and policy in Bahrain)
Bibliographic references: (Mention at least 10 recent articles relevant to the study subject and enumerated according to their order of appearance in the text.)
- Informed consent form (If needed, please attach extra documents)
- Institutional ethical clearance
- Other funding agency (specify if your study funded by another funding agency)
Research reports: The final report should be submitted in the form of scientific article for publication.
To Download Research Proposal Application Form, click here