Criteria for Accepting Research Proposals in KHUH
- Conducted by health professionals in KHUH.
- Addresses common diseases or health care priorities in Bahrain.
- Research aims for increasing our understanding of common diseases, the etiology, diagnostic or therapeutic investigations.
- Applicant should submit a structured research proposal according to the attached format.
- The research proposal should be scientifically sound and ethically acceptable.
- The research proposals will be peer-reviewed to identify the high quality research projects.
- Fund will be available for high quality research projects. Maximum amount of funding for any single research will not be more than BD 2000.
Research Proposal Format
The Premise of the study
Title of the project: The title should be comprehensive, covering the main study objective(s) and study area.
Background: Literature review of previous studies on the subject (3-4 references only); justification of the study by stating the problem and its public health importance.
- Statement of the problem
- Significance of the problem
- Objectives of the study:
- General objective: The aim of the study and goal that you need to achieve.
- Specific objective: Detail of general objective.
Method: The method by which the study objectives could be best achieved.
- Setting: Describe the area or setting where the study will be conducted.
- Study subjects: Inclusion and exclusion criteria of the study subjects.
- Design: Prospective, retrospective, analytic experimental: randomized clinical trials and non-randomized clinical trials, analytic non-experimental: cohort, case-cohort, case control and cross-sectional, descriptive: community survey, etc.
- Sample size: Mention the input criteria for sample size estimation. This might need the expertise of an epidemiologist.
- Sampling technique: Mention the sampling technique that will be used in order to obtain a representative sample for your target population. This might need the expertise of an epidemiologist.
- Timeframe of the study.
Data Collection methods, instruments used and measurements: Describe the instruments to be used for data collection (questionnaire, observation recording form, etc.)
Data management and analysis plan: Describe the overall plan and tests used for data analysis and the statistical package used.
Implications of the study results to population health and health system policy in KHUH and Bahrain: Expected results and potential contribution of the project to the decision making related to health care and policy in Bahrain.
References: Mention at least 10 recent articles relevant to the study subject.
- Informed consent form: If needed, please attach extra documents.
- Other funding agency: Specify if your study funded by another funding agency.
Preliminary Research report: Should be submitted to the research committee after 3-6 months of research approval.
Final Research report: The final report should be submitted in the form of scientific article for publication.
Promotion of consultants and junior medical staff will be linked to study publication. In case of junior medical staff, yearly publication is a precondition to be promoted to higher rank in the hierarchy of the medical ladder.
Download the whole document, read the instruction and fill in the forms accordingly.Submit your proposal, application form and informed consent to Dr. Jaffar Al Bareeq, office 1AD18.
|Research proposal, application form and informed consen
|Editorial - KHUH Research Center