Respiratory and Pulmonology
Service provided (Intent for future services) by Respiratory department in KHUH.
- COPD- diagnosis and follow up
- Asthma- diagnosis and follow up including allergy testing
- Interstitial lung diseases - diagnosis and follow up
- Pleural effusion, Empyema and Pneumothorax-
- Diagnosis of various types of Lung cancer with PET scan and MDT discussion.
- SOON WE WILL HAVE Sleep LAB- Obstructive sleep apnea/Obesity HYPO ventilation syndrome AND OTHER SLEEP DISORDERS
- Bronchoscopies- bronchoalveolar lavage, transbronchial biopsies and trans- bronchial needle aspiration ( both inpatients and outpatient basis).
- Noninvasive ventilation (NIV) for type 2 respiratory failure and obstructive sleep apnea.
- Consultation service to other services for respiratory cases
- Assessment, provision and follow up for Home oxygen- LTOT
- Pulmonary function testing including Spirometry, Lung volumes and Diffusion capacity.
- Six minute walk test and cardiopulmonary stress test
- Participation in internal medicine Rota
Dr. Nadine Mahmoud Zankar
Specialities- Consultant Pulmonologist
Dr. Amen El cheikh Ammar
Specialities- Respiratory diseases including:
- Interstitial lung diseases.